Arnolt-Bristols

To: WHITEMAN%IPFWVM.bitnet@UICVM.UIC.edu
Subject: Arnolt-Bristols
From: Ron Tewksbury <ront@twg.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 1992 08:33:40 -0800
Sam,

I have heard of and seen Arnolt-Bristols.They were created by Arnolt,
an American millionaire (I think) who wanted to build a sports- racing
car.  His first attempt was a custom bodied MGTC or TD, which he imported
to the US in limited numbers. Later, he hitched up with Bristol and
produced the custom bodied Arnolt- Bristol. It had an aluminum body
over mostly stock Bristol running gear. Arnolt imported them into the
US and went racing, with some limited success.

The body is very aerodynamic for a late fifties sports car. There was
both a coupe and ragtop produced. I think, in all, less than 500 cars
were made.

Automobile Quarterly had an article about Arnolt about 20 years ago, I
can dig up the exact year and issue tonight if my daily enslavement
allows my mind to still be functioning when I get home. I have also
seen articles in some of those British car classic magazines.

Good luck finding one! (I want one too, a red ragtop)
Ron Tewksbury
ront@twg.com