Roger Garnett - Peerless/Warwick ?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Roger Garnett - Peerless/Warwick ?
From: asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk (Adrian Jefferies)
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 92 12:50:28 GMT
Hi,

As I was idly flicking through the latest TRaction, the UK TR Register
magazine, I noticed a passing reference to Roger Garnett of NY & a
Peerless. Is the same Roger G. of this group, and if so, whats the
scoop on this car?

As I understand it, the Peerless/Warwick marque were very low volume
sports saloons built in the late 50's/Early 60's & incorporated
TR engines, (gearbox, axle?) & steering on their chassis. The bodies were
glassfibre. The company evolved into the Gordon Keeble, who was
a major figure in Peerless/Warwick. At least, I think thats the story.

Peerless & Warwick cars currently number (I would guess) less than 20 in
total in the UK, with a handful more around the world. As a result of
their TR parts, they have a welcome home within the TR Register. More
to the point, there is one for sale for 4000 sterling ... I was almost
tempted! I've seen them & spoken to the owners, they are interesting
& stylish cars.

Enough of a half remembered inaccuracies from me - comments anyone?

Regards, Adrian
        asj@dsbc.icl.co.uk