Re: Manifold clamps

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Manifold clamps
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 92 07:24:00 CST
mjb sez:
->The stock clamps work well for most cases.  They are free to wobble just a
->bit to compensate for some difference in flange thickness, but not much,
->maybe a tenth of an inch at most.  In the past I've either ground down the
->appropriate area on the higher of the two manifolds, or ground down one side
->of the clamp.  But if you grind the clamp, then you have to worry about
->having the proper side in the proper place when you tighten them down.

The clamps on my racing TR-4 were built up on one side with weld
material.  This works well, but you do have to get them the right
way round when re-assembling.  Its not usually a major problem,
but you do have to be aware of it.

John