Non-OEM waterpump for TR250

To: britcar@tin.monsanto.com
Subject: Non-OEM waterpump for TR250
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 92 14:33:43 -0500
The water pump on my TR250 gave up the ghost last week, and I bought a
replacement at the local ripoff store. It isn't an OE pump. There is no
plug on the top for grease, and the pully is pressed on, not held on by
the nyloc nut like the old one.

Anyway, I was wondering if, and how, I lubricate this thing. It has a little
hole in the case down between the front plate and pulley, an d it looks like
it might be threaded, but there's nothing in it. Is it considerably smaller
in diameter than the grease plug in the old pump. Should I be doing something
here?

Thanks,

Larry