tech questions

To: autorace@red4est.felton.ca.us
Subject: tech questions
From: lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us
Date: Tue Sep 29 00:33:21 PDT 1992
>From lrc Tue Sep 29 00:29:01 1992 remote from red4est
To: w2w
Subject: A couple of tech questions
Date: Tue Sep 29 00:29:00 PDT 1992

First one:
   My ITC cortina race car seems to eat differentials.  This has
happened with both open and welded up rear ends.  The initial
symptom is howling under deceleration.  The howling gets progressively
worse, eventually the rear end is unusable.  What could cause this?
the differentials are of the type that go in as a unit from the front,
so       I have been assuming that no adjustment is necessary,
as I don't take the unit apart to remove it.

Second question:
  The new motor for my tow vehicle came out of a wrecked Highway
Patrol car.  The water hoses were made of a real trick light blue
material.  It almost seemed like silicone rubber.  The walls seemed
a little thicker than the standard gates hoses as well.  there seemed
to be a trademark on it that seemed like a Capital A.  Is there some
way trick reliability secret here, or does one company just use a
different dye in their rubber?

   Larry "Inquiring minds want to know" Colen
   lrc@red4est.felton.ca.us