TVT show

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TVT show
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 92 14:18 EDT

Who is going to the TVR "Out Of The Woodwork" show in NJ on Oct 11th ?

A couple of weeks ago, someone mentioned in a post that when installing an
engine and you are having difficulty mating the gbox input shaft with the
clutch disk. He, she, they (?) suggested raising one of the rear wheels,
put the car in gear and then turn the wheel slowly, thereby turning the input
shaft, which will then slide into the clutch.

Well, I found an easier way last night. I was reinstalling the engine in the
Midget (damn,  those Triumph-Standard engines are heavy !!!!), and was having
problems trying to get the input shaft lined up. So instead of turning one
of the rear wheels, I removed all the spark plugs and turned the engine
by hand, using the front pulley. After 2 tries, voila the engine slotted in !!.

I always hate this particular part of engine installation, because it has
always been hit or miss. However using the front pulley really seemed to work.

Gerry