Re: 2tone, Tires, Swaybar, Hubhandedness& more

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 2tone, Tires, Swaybar, Hubhandedness& more
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <cak@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1992 10:05:23 PDT
        Question:  My TR7 backfires (splats, burps, whatever) heavily during
        engine braking, and usually once on up-shifts.  Aside from not having a
        real exhaust system installed, what have I done wrong with the carbs?

This doesn't sound like a carb problem (and makes me think of that
oft-said phrase about people always blaming the carbs first, when they
should look there last). It sounds like the classic symptoms of an
exhaust leak; check all your joints.