Weber Help (Again:-)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Help (Again:-)
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 92 10:23:49 EDT
Hi again.  I'm still wankering around with my backfiring MGB.  I think
I have isolated the problem to the Weber DCOE carb.  I have noticed
gas pooling in the intake manifold (it's been dripping out between
the carb & manifold), so last night I disconnected the
carb from the manifold to see what happened with the fuel pump running,
but the carb off.  Sure enough I found a dribble of gas dripping out
of the back of the carb where it attaches to the manifold (are these
the venturies?)  I found that if I quickly flipped the throttle lever,
I could get a squirt out of each side that shot out several inches.
If I slowly moved the throttle lever, it wouldn't squirt, rather the
dribble would increase.

So Weber experts, what is going on here (mjb are you reading this list
these days?  Help me out and maybe I'll be some jets from the FCG:-) ?
It seems to me that either my fuel pressure is too high (I plan to
check this tonight), my floats are set incorrectly (what is the right
level for a 45 DCOE 9 with metal floats), something is wrong with
the accelerator pump (causing it to dribble out), or something else
is the matter.  Any ideas?  I also took off the top, flipped it over
and the weight of the floats was enough to stop the fuel flow, so I think
my needle and seat is okay.

Thanks,

Bob

p.s. Assuming something is wrong that isn't something I can easily fix,
does anyone know of any reputable Weber repair shops?