GT6 Hubcaps, Thanks

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: GT6 Hubcaps, Thanks
From: Tom Rollins <fg90@sol.acs.unt.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 92 9:44:53 CDT

Does anyone know what kind of hubcaps came standard on '69 GT-6s?  I
have seen some photos of '68s with some five bolt hub caps that look like
they came off of a Plymouth or something.  Were these stock?  If not,
what were?

Also, I would like to thank all who replied to my posting about the broken
shock mount on my '69 GT-6+.  As it turns out, the bolt that mounts the
shock was a breeze to get off, although it was not the problem.  The
bracket that helps secure the mounting sleeve to the plate in the wheel
well had broken its welds and was allowing the sleeve to pound the plate
until it stress fractured.  After removing the bracket with a Dremel and
a cutting wheel, I was able to save the sleeve, but the plate that
connects the assembly to the inner wheel arch has got to come off.  It
looks like it is only welded in 4 places and should grind off easily.
Victoria British offers a replacement which I intend to order.
Alignment doesn't look to be a problem as the body seems to have some
alignment pins to fit holes in the plate itself.  If the quality of the
new part is good I'll use it, else the new one goes back and I'll have
the old one repaired and refitted.

Thanks again
--

Tom Rollins                                       fg90@sol.acs.unt.edu