re: engine overhaul

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british-cars@autox.team.net)
Subject: re: engine overhaul
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 92 13:03:53 MDT
It may be the case that 2 people can easily lift the partially dismantled
engine from a spitfire.  Of course the spitfire has several features the rest
of our LBC don't have.  IE: the bonnet is a flip up type that includes the
inner fenders and front cowel.  The engine is small 1500cc.  The transmition
can be removed seperatly ( MGs you have to pull the engine and the trany as a
unit or leave the trany behind and try to realign it as your two friends hold
the engine steady on reassembly).  A short block on a GT6 weighs about 350lbs
I wouldn't want to drop that on my foot, or the front cross member or any
thing else.  If I didn't have a hoist it would be well worth the $30-70 for a
hoist just to know that I wasn't about to put myself in the hospital for a
hernia operation or send the car to the body shop to rebuild the front fender
where the engine landed after my friend said OH $%^&#@!!!
--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley