Painting Alloy Wheels

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Painting Alloy Wheels
From: augi@cbmvax.cbm.commodore.com (Joe Augenbraun)
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 92 12:18:07 EDT
> Several months ago there was the name of a company in Pennsylvania that
>repairs
> Alloy wheels in a note from someone.  Does anyone still have it.  Roger
> contacted them but they couldn't do exactly what he needed.  Now he has lost
> their name and number and thinks that they can help him.
>
> Thanks for any help on this.

I'm the one who posted the name of the company that repairs alloys.
I think the name of the company is Wheel Collision Center, and the
number is 1 800 292 RIMS.

BUT, unfortunately I'm not satisfied with the paint job that they did
on my wheels, so I'm reluctant to recommend them.  To be fair they
bent over backwards to try to make my wheels right, and my wheels are an
unusual material (magnesium), but the final result is that they were incapable
of putting paint on my wheels that actually adheres, and I'm going to have
to have the job done again.  They did do a nice job on the welding, though.
And they may very well be quite successful with painting aluminum wheels.
But, I had a bad experience, and will not trust them to paint any of my
wheels ever again.

                                                        Joe