Crankshaft nut removal finally

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Crankshaft nut removal finally
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 92 11:44:15 EDT
|Date: 6-3-92  11:43am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: Crankshaft nut removal finally
   Thanks to Dennis Wilson and Jonathan Mooore for not letting me give
up on getting the crankshaft nut off of my engine.  I put one leg of the
engine stand under the car with a block of wood interposed.  After a few
bounces on the end of a pipe, I heard an awful groan and then it moved!
   As far as painting an engine goes: is it easier to paint the parts
when the engine is apart, or to wait until its all back together ?  Does
the engine paint go right onto the clean block, or does it need
primered?

    Thanks,
        Dean "I got my nut off" Zywicki

P.S. - For those who asked before, the speedo gear I got from TRF for a
'63 - '67 MGB is the same as what came off of my '76 1500 midget.  How
does a gearbox work anyway ?