Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers...

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers Land Rovers...
From: Ross Williamson <rw1@st-andrews.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 92 18:20:58 BST
OK, now I know that one or two of you have "seen the light" and
acquired for yourselves the best 4x4xfar then can I ask some more
questions:-

1) I need to take a shim or two out of one of the swivel pins because
there is a nasty "clunk" when cornering and some play in one of the
front road wheels. The problem is - the big bolts that hold the
shims and pin are solid with 15 years of rust and mud - how do I
get the bolts out.

2) For that matter - what is the best way to get out really rusty bolts,
when all the usual penetrating fluid and wire brushing has failed?

3) What do the Land Rover owners think of the new Defender that is going
to be reintroduced into the States? If you haven't heard yet (I'm sure
you probably have) but Rover have decided that it was a bad idea leaving
the US market in the 70's and are coming back in. If you want the
spec' on the new beast then let me know...

4) Want a black and white Gif of my SIII, or come to mention it,
any part of my SIII? You probably don't but I'm dying to use the
new scanner.....

5) How much would I get for my Land Rover in the US?

Ross

SWB SIII 2286cc overdrive hard-top 7.50x16 SAT chassis:rustin' 1977 80k miles.