TR6 colors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 colors
From: DANIELS@LMSBVX.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels/TAMU-LMSB Systems)
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 1992 12:12:41 -0500 (CDT)
I'm choosing the color for my '74 TR6, but I'm trying to maintain
originality.  Since the interior is new tan (peanut brittle), the only
choices I have for exterior are: Carmine Red, Mallard Blue, or Maple
(according to Bill Piggott's "Original Triumph TR".)  The original color is
Maple, I think, although the color code on the ID plate doesn't match the
number on the (inaccurate) color chart I have.  ANYWAY, my car is brown; I
HATE BROWN; 'nuff said.

So, does anybody know what Carmine Red looks like?  (Piggott says: it MIGHT
be the same as MG's Carmine Red.)  If my car were a '71-'72, then new tan
would be appropriate with Pimento Red.  How is this different?   If it's
that much better, I might be convinced to wink at originality a little.

And what about Mallard Blue?  I love the color of the dark blue TR6 on the
cover of Moss's catalog (anybody know what color it is?); but I'm not crazy
about the lighter blue Triumphs.

Oh, I guess I could paint it the same color I painted a GT6 I once had -
Java Green!  (*&%!@@ Gag, cough, spit....)

Lee M. Daniels - Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding - Texas A&M
   daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu  |  DANIELS@TAMLMSB.BITNET  |  (409) 845-3726