Re: Machine shops

To: GENDIMEN@t12sys.intel.com, british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Machine shops
From: Teriann J. Wakeman <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 92 13:37:05 -0800
I have looked into the TR250 in Boulder & may make an offer on it.  The
car is currently out of the car port and now sitting in the street.

1. Is there someone in the Boulder area who would like to look the car over
closely for me (it may be a '66 4A with 250 engine & badges).  ALso,
if I get it, could someone store it for me until I could fly up there to
drive it back here?

Why I may not get the 250:
Someone I knoweast of Lodi is getting ready to move & will be offering
a number of project cars for sale.  I believe this includes Spits, TRs,
bug eye sprites a fixed head MGA, AND A AH 100-6

I will be driving there Fri to check out the 100-6.

What I currently know about the car... The body is straight and rust free.
The engine and transmission asr outside the car in unknown condition.
The car needs a new interior.  Serial #s match up.  It needs a paint job.

The value is a rust free dent free big Healey with an engine & trans that
probably need rebuilding.  He wants $4K firm for the car & all its parts.

Has anyone priced disassembled 100-6's recently? any idea if its a ripoff
price?

Anyone have any idea how hard it would be to get a rebuildable BJ8 engine
if I get the car & decide to box up the original engine?

All I need is another kit car before the TR3 is finished!!!!!?!!!

TeriAnn

PS sorry about tacking this on as a reply.  The mailer is not letting
me get to encore.com.