TR-250 for sale in Boulder

To: british-cars@hoosier (british-cars)
Subject: TR-250 for sale in Boulder
From: southern@neit.cgd.ucar.EDU (Lawrence Buja)
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 92 8:50:18 MDT
twakeman writes....
>Now that I have moved into a higher paying job, I am going from wishing for
>a TR4 or 250 to activly searching for one.  Is the Hawaii TR 250 still for
>sale???? I will consider other far away cars if it is not going to blow up
>or break down on the way to Monterey bay.
>
>I am looking for a good solid commute car that I can fix up gradually.
>
>The ideal car would be red (all my cars are green & I need a change),
>have very little or no major rust, have overdrive, and wire wheels.
>
>Oh the drive train should be in good condition.
>
>I am willing to considersomewhat beat cars as long as it is not a bucket
>of Rust (once (with the TR3) was enough).  Let me know what ya got.
>Or what you know of.

A friend of Rick Lindsay was looking for a TR250 last month and I sent
the following to him.  I don't know what's happened since then, but as
far as I know, it's still available....

--

 I talked to a fellow here in Boulder last summer who lives a couple
 blocks away about one he had.  I believe the amount he was asking

--

 I stopped by the house to check out the TR250 last night.  The
 house was empty, there was a Real-estate agent lock box on the door

 But, the car was still there, in the car-port, and I spent a few
 minutes giving it the once over.

 The car looked gooood, as if someone had spent a lot of time on it.
 It's dark blue, the odometer read 36000, and has silver painted
 wire wheels with new rubber and covered with a light coat of dust.
 The paint looked recent, and while not concours quality, seemed to
 be a good application.  The chrome was very good, with only a very
 small blemish in one of the rear bumper overriders and on one spot
 on the front bumper.  The only missing chrome pieces was whatever
 badge goes on the trunk.  The top was up and looked new.  The seats
 looked good.  The wood dash is in excellent condition and all the
 gauges are there.  The carpet was out of the car (in a box with the
 tonneau cover and some spare parts next to the car) so I looked at
 the floor panels on the passengers side and they were SOLID.  I
 felt around the wheel arches for rust or repairs and didn't feel
 anything amiss.  I did find one rust hole underneith, in the rear
 frame piece under the trunk, but overall, it APPEARED relatively
 rust-free.  I didn't open the hood or the trunk.

 I left a note on the next-door neighbors door saying that I wanted
 to get in contact with the owner of the car.  I haven't heard from
 them yet.

 This is an ideal situation for buying a sports car cheap.  The
 owners have moved way out of town and had to leave the car.  It's
 not doing him any good sittin here and if they couldn't afford to
 move the car, they probably are short of cash and are willing to
 deal.

 If your friend wants to pursue this futher, let me know.

--

 Did you get my mail on the TR-250 yesterday?  The lady called me
 and gave me the owners phone number:

 Brian and Mary Dooney 604-762-3221  Kelowna B.C. Canada

/\      Lawrence Buja           Climate and Global Dynamics Division
  \_][  southern@ncar.ucar.edu  National Center for Atmospheric Research
      \_________________________Boulder,_Colorado___80307-3000__________