Re: Options for List

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: Options for List
From: bobj@meaddata.com (Robert Jones)
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 92 10:45:14 EST
I wasn't going to write, trying to keep the volume down, but...

From: kiviat@oasys.dt.navy.mil (Brian Kiviat)

|> We have a few options here:
|> 1)
|> Make the list a regular newsgroup. I would recommend this.

I wouldn't.

|> 2) Get rid of all the extraneous posts ie: Miata sucks/ Roll up windows
|> suck/How to lift a roof truss. These things are a waste of time to most
|> people on the list(IMHO take it as you wish).

Where do you draw the line?  Why do people subscribe to the list and what do
they hope to get out of it?  I subscribe to get the great technical advice
availible here and to read reports of cool things people do with/in/around
their lbcs.  I also like hearing about cars people see.  Sometimes it does
get trivial, but that really doesn't bother me (then again I don't have to
maintain the list and handle all of that.)

If people want to email me their likes/dislikes, I'll summarize for the whole
list and hopefully save some bandwidth.

|> 3) 1+2
|> 4)Do nothing!
|>
|> I don't understand the fear of making this group a regular newsgroup???

Well, some sites wouldn't get it.  Some of us (like me) have news servers that
are almost always running a week behind and when that happens you lose the
ability to take part in any discussions because it's over before you see it.
You also would lose the club like atmosphere this list has.

|> Just my thoughts at this time,
|>
|> Brian

Bob

bobj@meaddata.com