Mk. IV Spitfire project

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Mk. IV Spitfire project
From: rlindsay@amoco.com (Richard O. Lindsay)
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 93 14:04:50 CST
Hi gang.  Today a friend and I start off on a restoration
project.  The LBC in topic is a '72 Spitfire Mk. IV.  I'm
a Jag fan but as with most of us, I love all British iron.

The project is really the completion of a project that
was started a few years ago.  The previous owner, which
in the generic sense, is usually a bafoon, actually did
a WONDERFUL job of body prep and paint.  The car is ready
to have the trim reinstalled over the nicest non-standard
paint job that I've seen in a long time.  The finish is
a typical two part, base coat - clear coat finish except
that the vivid red base coat is clear coated with a clear
coat with a small amount of opalessant blue flakes in it.
Sounds strange but it was done subtile enough that the
car looks red except for the highlights which have rose
colored excitement to them.

Anyway, for you Spitfire owners, we're building our third
LBC roadster.  Lets talk...

Rick

     Richard O. Lindsay        /     __  __      __  __
  Senior Research Scientist   /   / /_/ /_  / / /_/ /_/
  Amoco Production Research  /   / / / /_/ /_/ / / / \
                            / /_/
                           /
My opinions are my own, until they're worth something, at
which point they become the property of my employer...