MGB sills

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB sills
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 16:57:43 EST
|Date: 1-21-93  4:54pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: MGB sills
   I've been making a list of things needed to be done to my B and sill
repair is on the list.  Only the rear sections under the rear quarter
panel need repaired (like every other B in the world it seems).  I had
an estimate for $700 for the repairs.  I was looking through some of
Paul Gilders MG owners club magazines from britain and saw ads for
prices of certain work, such as replacing all 3 sill pieces on a B,
something like L425 per side.  This got me to thinking if it would be
easier to do the whole sill section rather than pieces.  Who knows what
it looks like inside.
    I assume this is a pretty common operation on a B and was wondering
what some people have paid for something like this.

     Dean

P.S. - I get this strange feeling when I think about having a dope
smoking (but not inhaling) president.  It doesn't make sense.  It seems
like "yes officer I had a few beers, but I just swished them around my
mouth and then spit it out, can I go now? "