Makes me look pure little laegue...

To: British Cars <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Makes me look pure little laegue...
From: sggy@crux2.cit.cornell.edu (Roger Garnett)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1993 09:35:30 -0500
Now, I have a pretty functional new shop, and a fairly drafty little
old barn to store some cars in. My cars are far from pretty, but I
try to make them work reasonably. Also, while I may sometimes appear
to have a strong  affialiation with MG's, I'm quite interested in
many cars, with British stuff at the forefront. I've got a few bits
and pieces of automobilia, such as models, minatures, and over 400
auto related books. Some folks think I'm in a bit deep. Heh.

Tilly and I stopped and visited a fellow MG P owner's this weekend
while we were up visiting my mother. I knew the chap likes MG's, and
runs a body shop for a living, but I still wasn't prepared for what
we encountered. As we pulled in, we admired the new ranch house with
a 3 car attached garage, and lots of space around. We were greeted at
the door by a smiling Jerry, in his slightly greasy white coveralls,
and ushered to the basement. The first things to meet our eyes, were
three very clean MG's- a TF 1500, still immucaluate from it's 1976
restoration, a 1980 MGB Limited Edition w/30K miles, and my favorite-
a previously one owner, '56 ZB Magnette, also showing 30K miles.
Black, with excellent original red leather everywhere inside. Miles of
it. And a wonderful wood dash, all the way accross. (The ZB is a 4
door saloon, of decent porportions) This was the first ZA/ZB I've ever
seen in the flesh, and now I *know* I want one for a family touring car.

Well, If the beautiful cars weren't enough, the various posters, and original
artwork on the walls certainly kept up the pace. But wait- there's more!
Several, large showcases full of models, & minatures (eaisly a couple
hundred different ones, of almost every MG made), and a fair selection
of books. *ALL MG's*. No diluting the collection here. We had an altogether
too short visit with Jerry and his wife, as we were on our way to take Kim
ice skating for the first time. Luckily, we'll get to go back- Maybe
next time to Jerry's shop (elsewhere), where his '35 PB is currently
being restored, and there's many times the number of posters, and
a couple MG pedal cars on display, and more! All this sure makes me
look like pure little league!
   ________
  /     _  \        Roger Garnett             (Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu)
 /   /||  \ \       Agricultural Economics   |
| |\/ ||  _  |      3 Warren Hall            | "The South Lansing Centre
| |   ||   | |      Cornell University       |  For Wayward Sports Cars"
 \    ||__/ /       Ithaca, N.Y. 14853-7801  | (607) 533-7735
  \________/        (607) 255-2522           | Safety Fast!