This & that

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: This & that
From: "Daren Stone, D2 Mfg. Engr. C5/6, 5-9521" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 93 06:57:42 PST
     Hello & Happy New Years to all -

          Starting my year off much as I finished '92,
     yesterday I made the weekly pilgrimage to O'Connors to
     retrieve some obscure copper crush washers to hopefully
     reduce the amount of oil Mr. Riley is seeing fit to
     purge out of the oil cannister's top banjo connection.
     While there I picked up a glossy flyer form Moss, which
     amongst the usual fodder they have on "sale", I saw
     two things I've never noticed them to carry before;
     Waxoyl and a portable Exhaust Gas Analyser (the
     "Gastester"). Just FYI.
          On Sprite; Since we now have a tentative La
     Carrera schedule (5/22-23), I have begun listing the
     various things that still need to be completed so that
     I can procrastinate about doing them until the very last
     minute. Overall a general tidying is in order as Redcar has
     gotten a bit tatty lately, so Saturday I'll be getting
     a quote for sandblasting & welding up the few places
     where the tinworm has bitten. Mechanically we still
     haven't gotten the Weber jetted optimumly, but there is
     a plan.
          Rather than paying someone umpty dinero/hour to
     set it right & me not learn anything I've exchanged
     Weber setting for XJS grunt labor. Now you may ask
     yourself "How did I do this ?", And you may say to
     yourself, no, no, that's not it. Anyway, an
     acquaintance from La Carrera lives nearby, used to have
     an auto repair shop and so has all the neat-o tools,
     and also happens to have in his possession one
     fire-breathing XJS that he ran in the La Carrera last
     year. The good news is if he can set up six Webers on
     the Jag, I don't think one on the Sprite should be too
     much of a problem. The bad news is the Jag tossed it's
     cookies in last year's event and so now needs to be
     rebuilt before 5/22-23. See the plan ? I knew you
     could. Anyway, Monday, 1/11/93 is the day we tackle the
     Sprite's carburettor, I'll post the results soon after.

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com