Non-Brit parts in Brit cars

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Non-Brit parts in Brit cars
From: Dustin Kassman <dhk@hpcvxbt.cv.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 91 12:26:16 PST
>In addition to what Wayne wrote, there's a guy who races a Triumph GT-6 in
>Midwestern Council (Milwaukee-Chicago region) who substituted the Roadster
>2000 5-speed box for the original Triumph tranny (after making the necessary
>changes to bolt it up). He's no longer breaking gears :-)

When I was at the Portland All British Field Meet over Labor Day I saw a
MGB-GT with a Mazda rotary engine/tranny in it.  Very neat installation.
Looked like it pretty much dropped right in with new motor mounts.  Does
anybody have any experience with this conversion.  Seems that the rotary
reliability would take all of the fun out of owning a British car :-)

                                Dustin Kassman
                                dhk@cv.hp.com
                                Tinker's Damn - '71 MGB GT

PS. Does all of the British car mail make it on to the British car
    digest?  Sometimes I see references to mail that I never saw on the
    digest.