Spitfire wheel bolt circle

To: DSTONE@sc9.intel.com (DSTONE 5-9521 BPR: 237-2322)
Subject: Spitfire wheel bolt circle
From: phile@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 91 10:36:03 CST
> p.s. I think this is also the Spitfire bolt pattern.

NO.  Spitfires have a 3.75" bolt circle.  This is shared with the Lotus Europa
and (right, Karen?) the Lotus Elan.

I have heard rumors that the 3.75" bolt circle also was used in the TR-7 and
TR-8, but I can't imagine why they would not have used the (4.5"?) pattern from
the TR-series cars.

Spridgets, as have been pointed out, used the 4" circle.

I would be happy to hear of any other examples of the 3.75 x 4 bolt pattern!

--
Login name: phile                       In real life: Philip J Ethier
Phone: 298-5324