Sterling/Rover

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Sterling/Rover
From: gerry@speedy.att.com
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 91 16:40 EST

I thought that Sterlings were mainly of British content.
When I lived in the UK, I thought I remember that the only
Japanese components were the drivetrain and the undertray
(chassis).  Everything else was strictly British, ie interior,
bodyshell, etc.

In the early 80's  when the Triumph Acclaim came out, thei was just a
re-badged Honda Accord. When the Rover 200 series came out, again
this was just a rebadged Honda Civic. Both of these cars were
however built/assembled in the UK.

I thought the Sterling/Rover was NOT just a rebadged Honda, but
a completl;y seperate car (except for the drive-train)

Can someone enlighten me - am I right or wrong.

Gerry