Re: What is a flat?

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: What is a flat?
From: stern@neocad.com (Carl Stern)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 91 15:52:16 MDT
   Thanks for all the replies on what a flat is.  1/6 of a turn corresponding
to the side of a hex head bolt was my initial guess, but since it was used in
reference to SU mixture adjusting, I changed my theory.  Guess what?  HIF4 SUs
(which I have) don't have hex heads.  They have a recessed round head adjusting
screw.  It has an X slot on it.  Not a phillips head, but two flat blade
screwdriver slots perpendicular to each other!  Yet another difference between
HS and HIF SU carbs.

 Carl