Summary on Voltage stabilizer

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Summary on Voltage stabilizer
From: key@cs.utk.edu
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 91 10:47:49 EDT
Thanks all the responses - for those who asked, it's on the
back of the speedo (why it's waaaay over there away from
the temp and fuel gauges, I dunno).

In an earlier message Roger Bolick said:
> I am going to suggest something to cure the overheating...
> Remove the radiator, have it cored and cleaned, repaint
> with good black engine paint and reinstall.  Use distilled
> water with 50% anti-freeze (1 gallon) and a new radiator cap
> and thermostat.  You can get the thermostat at a parts
> place (180 degree), while the cap MUST come from TRF.

Already done (except for distilled and that'll be in shortly).
Actually, until I can trust my temp. gauge again I may be
overreacting rather than overheating.  I figured out where
180F was on it once, but if the voltage stabilizer really is
bad then the gauge could be floating.  I need to calibrate it
again after v.s. replacement.

Enjoy that fall motoring, folks!
Ken Key  (key@cs.utk.edu)
P.S.  Anyone going to the SVRA races at Road Atlanta this weekend?