Previous owner bashing: the saga continues

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Previous owner bashing: the saga continues
From: I'll be lookin for eight when they pull that gate <tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 91 11:15:21 PDT
   When I got the Spitfire, and before I found the bolted through harness,
 I had to do a lot of debugging on the front harness.  Naturally, I had to
 see the rear of the fuse block, poked my head under the dash, and saw this
 brown Medusa-like mass in the corner.  I pulled the unit out and saw the
 worlds *worst* soldering job.  The dork had taken one of those 400 watt
 soldering irons, *acid* core solder in extremely vast quantities, and about
 3 feet of 3g wire to the back of the block.  I think he did it while the
 battery was still connected, as there were arc marks everywhere. Maybe he
 used a MIG, or a torch, who knows!!!!  I gave up tracing wires with no end,
wires
 that led nowhere, and bougt a new harness.

   Greg\