Heat and noise in TR6

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Heat and noise in TR6
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 91 09:53:12 EDT
|Date: 10-10-91  9:52am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: Heat and noise in TR6
>I've been thinking of spraying the underside my cardboard tunnel in
>the TR6 with a rubber undercoating spray.  Has anyone done something
>like this?  I would think that it would help insulate heat from my
>right leg, and reduce noise.  Who knows, maybe a loose flywheel or
>clutch would bounce off the undercoating!

>-Scott

   I've been wondering what is normal for a proper TR6.  I put two
layers of insulation over the transmission tunnel in mine and it still
gets pretty warm in there.  Has anyone replaced the cardboard stuff with
a fiberglass cover?  If a $50.00 fiberglass cover solves the problem
then I'd definitely get one.  Someone butchered mine to replace the
clutch, so it's patched up with some tin plating, but I don't think that
would be the cause of letting so much heat through.

   Dean