Towing advice needed?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing advice needed?
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 91 09:32:02 -0600
After some discussions and thought at VTR's 1991 NATC, I may end up racing
something a bit smaller and lighter than the 250 next year.  The new racer
may tip the scales at around 1600 pounds.  I might be able to come up with
a lightweight trailer of a few hundred pounds, add in a bit more for a few
tools and such.  Say the whole package weighs in at, oh, 1,000 kilos.

In the TR6 manual, there is a bit on towing in the information section.
It says that given a trailer with brakes, the TR6 is capable of towing up to
1,012 kilos.  The TR250 is basically the same frame and drivetrain as the
TR6, with a bit more power and a few different body panels.

The 1992 North American Triumph Challange will be held in Savannah, Georgia,
about 2,500 miles from Salt Lake.  Am I crazy, or just stupid?

mjb.