Re: Zenith Stromberg carbs

To: phabib%well%apple@sun.pa.dec.com (Philippe Habib), british-cars@encore.com
Subject: Re: Zenith Stromberg carbs
From: steve@europa.esd.sgi.com (Loopy - the spineless boy)
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 91 09:53:53 -0700
>The options I know of are:

Or you could put on a set of SU HIF6s.  They are about $350-$400 for a brand
new set of 2.  I was going to do this on my TR-250, but I sold it 8(.

My Jaguar mechanic neighbor uses these on Jags with good results.  Most
smog places can't tell the difference between these SUs and Z-S.  They do
look pretty similar, bolt right in and are fully adjustable.  The throttle
spindles run in roller bearings (I believe) and thus don't wear out.  They
are all around much superior to the Z-S smog carbs.

steve valin             steve@sgi.com
        I've just had my brain washed and I can't do a thing with it.