TR6 Oil Press/Temp revisted.

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: TR6 Oil Press/Temp revisted.
From: key@cs.utk.edu
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 91 16:29:06 EDT
Greetings all!

I'm still working on my press. /temp problem.  Found out the
thermostat was missing, but that didn't help much.  Calibrated
my temp. sender, found out 180F (thermostat temp) was at the
3/4 scale mark, which seems high.  I've been thinking my fuel
gauge has been reading full for way too long, so I'm suspecting
a bad voltage stabilizer.  What's the stablizer supposed to put
out?  I think 10Volts, but I can't find a reference in
the Bentley's manual and I've lost my Haynes (and most of my
mind). Not that this will fix my overheating, but at least
I'll have a better feel for "how much" I'm over heating...

Thanks,
Ken Key  (key@cs.utk.edu)