RE>Re- EZ-Bleed Cost

To: british-cars@encore.com
Subject: RE>Re- EZ-Bleed Cost
From: Jerry Kaidor <Jerry_Kaidor.ENGINTWO@engtwomac.synoptics.com>
Date: 24 Jan 91 10:46:48
        Reply to:   RE>Re: EZ-Bleed Cost

Roland Dudley asks:
   Where can he find EZ-Bleed.
I ask:
   How much?
--

Good question.  I was kinda wondering about that myself so I called
up O'connor's Classics here in Santa Clara [(408) 727-0430] and asked.
Their price is $35.95, plus tax of course.  Doesn't sound too bad but
if anyone knows of a cheaper place to get one I'm all ears.
         ------------- end of quote from Roland Dudley -----------

  You know, there's nothing really special about the EZ-Bleed that you couldn't
make yourself.  All it is, is a siphon bottle with two holes in the cap, one
hose just going to the cap to put in air, and the other going to the bottom of
the bottle.  Air pressure entering the top forces fluid out through the siphon
hose.  At the master-cylinder end, there's a special adaptor, but one could
easily just modify an old master-cylinder cap to do the same thing.  The siphon
bottle could be obtained from a chemical supply.  I think that two-hole rubber
stoppers are fairly common.  An adaptor for the spare tire could be gotten at
the Grand Auto.  Of course, the nice thing about the EZ-Bleed, is that Gunson
has done all the scrounging for you.  Also, the bleed bottle is unbreakable
plastic.
BTW This is the same company that makes the ":colortune" glass sparkplug.

        - Jerry Kaidor