re: YABOSS (Yet Another Batch Of Spit Stuff)

To: taichi!whs70@bellcore.bellcore.com (W. H.
Subject: re: YABOSS (Yet Another Batch Of Spit Stuff)
From: mit-eddie!SGI.COM!zursch%large.wpd.sgi.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Kid Redshift)
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 90 12:42:33 PDT

        I'm amazed that SCCA Solo rules allow such swing axel cars
        to compete without a camber compensator.  In my opinion,
        the person most likely to get in trouble is the first
        timer or novice driver of such vehicles and the camber
        compensator certainly would add a level of safety not
        otherwise present on the vehicle.Bill Sohl

        Bill Sohl

++++++

Feh!

I'm glad you don't make the rules.....you might as well require
engine cutout at speeds of over 25 mph, as a first timer or novice
driver might get into trouble above those speeds, and it would add
a level of safety not otherwise present on the vehicle......

Camber compensators are good things, but you can get by just
fine without them....and I wouldn't want to be limited by
rules designed for the least common denominator.

JZ

        ``Phlugenhaven! Einrachenbrassen das Fahrvergnugen en zie
                 Vessenhollenpratenraugur Burgermeister!''