Flash from British Field Meet

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM (British-Cars)
Subject: Flash from British Field Meet
From: Mike Johnson <mit-eddie!hplabs!hpupora!mikej@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 90 20:31:29 PDT
Well the field meet is over.  This is just a quick flash.  More detail will
come in a few days.

High-lites:
   Over 500 cars were registered for the first day.  I personally saw the
   number 525 on a car.

   The only marque I can think of that was missing was Rolls.  I did see a
   Bently.

   Lotus was represented by 14 cars.  The usual Elans including +2's.
   Elites old and new.  One Esprit, one seven, one type 51 (Formula Ford),
   one type 30/40 with Westlake V8 still under restoreation.  And of course
   one Twin Cam Europa, my hose green MYROPA.  By virtue of being the only
   Europa I won a best in class award.  Whee!

   Saw several SOLers.  The id graphic worked well.  Several people wanted
   to know what it was.

   Speaking of SOLers ... Teriann arrived but not until some problems were
   over come.  She may have lost a bearing in the transfer case of her LR.
   As I sit in my living room she is trying to nurse it back home.  If
   no one hears from her by tuesday afternoon I promised I would send out
   the pony soldiers.

   I, or rather my wife, was badly bitten by the lucus disease.  (We might
   post to rec.medical this disease appears remarkably similar to Lime
   disease.)  We purchased a 2.4 liter mark 1 1956 Jaguar Saloon.  The car
   is running and most of the bits appear to be present.  But the car need
   lots of help.  Leather long gone, wood pealed away years ago, rust in
   the doors and sills.  I bought $100 worth of shop manuels and parts
   catalogues.  Even had to buy a book to tell me the difference between a
   MK 1 and MK 2.  I mean seriously sick.  Well what the hell I know what
   we will be doing this winter.

   And to think we sold a perfectly good '85 Rx7 GSL with no problems for
   this.

   Sick Sick Sick (:-)  But both eyes open
--
 Mike Johnson
 Systems Engineer             UUCP:           hpupora!mikej