Re: morals vs. money (HELP ME!)

To: sgi!ames.arc.nasa.gov!ames!rutgers!beaver.cs.washington.edu!microsoft!timke@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Re: morals vs. money (HELP ME!)
From: Mike Johnson <mit-eddie!hplabs!hpupora!mikej@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 90 10:36:09 PDT

> right now the money is trying to overwhelm the part of my conscience that
> says "don't do it, you'll regret it later."  have any of you ever sold a
> car knowing that it would leave the u.s.?  did you have massive guilt later?
> am i overreacting?
>
> tim
> aka {uunet|uw-beaver|decwrl}!microsoft!timke

Tim;

   I have not sold cars off-shore.  However a Japanese person tried to out
   bid me for my Europa when I bought it last year.  (Thank goodness the
   dealer I was working with was as good as his word.  I only left $50.00
   deposit and the Japanese was waving *lots* of cash.)

   But you might consider that the market for LBC's in Europe is starting
   to get saturated.  I understand some English speculators are trying to
   resell JPS Europas back here for outrageous prices.  Like $45,000 US for
   a car that would sell here for $12,000 to $15,000 tops.

   In other words if you do decide to take the money, you may have the last
   laugh.  This person may have a car and no buyer.

   Soapbox on ..

      I am against sending any sports cars out of the country.  Lets send
      some of those big boats we have been building for years.  Good place
      to start would be those pickups that need ladders for the driver to
      get into!  Come to think of it, why not send them with the driver
      still in ...

   End Soap
   Branch and Return

--
 Mike Johnson
 Systems Engineer             UUCP:           hpupora!mikej