Name that (other) garage

To: alliant!british-cars@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Subject: Name that (other) garage
From: mit-eddie!harvard!beaver.cs.washington.edu!microsoft!timke@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Mon Jun 18 17:42:20 1990
| Keptin Komrade Dr. Bobwrench III, writes:
|
|         The time has come to come up with a formal name for the garage. I
|spent
| most of Friday night and Saturday in there. We have MJB's Fat Chance Garage &
| Brewery, Rodger Garnett's SLCFWSC and a couple of other's I can't remember.
| I couldn't come up with anything I really liked so I figured I'd appeal to the
| masses for inspiration.  There have been a few suggestions:
|
|         The Orphanage           - Refers to my British cars and orphan
|                                         computer collection.
|
|         The Pits of Insanity    - Naaahhhhh.
|
|         Garage D'jour           - I move entirely too often.
|
|         Bob's Autowerks         - But I don't own a German car....
|

|         The reward for an accepted name will be credit to the originator
| on the sign for the wall......
|
|         iii

oh boy, tapping others' imaginations for a garage name, why didn't i
think of that?  i'm just putting the finishing touches on my new
garage and haven't a clue what to call it (so far we've been calling
it "the garage", what imagination, huh?) it's been nearly a year in
off-and-on construction, but it's now a 48'x25' heated insulated &
sheetrocked behemoth with a pit and a 21' long 48-drawer workbench.
it currently houses a '70 tr6 (soon to be sold), '68 e-type roadster,
'65 dart gt convertible (wife's car), and a '67 dodge m37 (convertible
1ton 4x4).

i'll also offer the "credit on the sign" reward, and top it with
lifetime access to come on over and change your oil standing up!
(assuming the winner doesn't mind driving to redmond, wa for an oil
change :-) ).

tim (why all the convertibles where the sun never shines?) keane