3M event part 4 of 4

To: cs.utah.edu!autox
Subject: 3M event part 4 of 4
From: sgi!pwcs.StPaul.GOV!phile@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 90 15:36:27 CDT
When I got back in after
my two laps a guy told me it looked wild and asked me
how it was. I told him it was a lot of sound and fury
signifying a slightly slower time.  Turned out to be a
lot slower time:  1:20.256.  I could only hope that
Bill screwed up.  He didn't.  1:18.483.  He cut a whole
second to beat me by .548.  Damn Hondas, anyway.  For
the second time in three events, I have been
beaten out of second place in a field of 11 by a Honda
Civic.  (I miscounted in my MOWOG I report.  The
official results show 11 entrants.)  Since there was a
trophy for 2nd, but not third, I still have not
succeeded in the challenge of getting a trophy with
this car.  And to think I was saying it was too easy
with the Sonett.  I am just stubborn enough to try
to prove that you can be competitive in Stock Class
with a Spridget.  The Met Council series points show
Sean in 1st with 77, Bill in 2nd with 42 and me in
third with 40.  Sean has been at all four MC series
events so far, Bill and  I have been to 2 each.  Bob
and Har are back in the pack with 25 points each,
due to being at only one event, but winning.  This'll
all shake out later. You need to have 6 events to be
listed, and only your best six events count.

We went over to hoist a few cokes at a local bar.  Bob
and I surveyed the nasty skies and decided to go under
canvas.  This is a bit easier on a TR-6, as it is a
convertible.  Bob helped me empty my trunk to get the
top out, build the tinkertoys and install the top.
Several people had asked me if this white top was new.
No, it just seldom sees the light of day.  Naturally,
the weather cleared and I drove home into the
blazing sun.  Bob may have driven into some weather on
his way back to Eau Claire (see, I'm French-Canadian on
my father's side).  Too bad we couldn't pull off
a one-two finish for TEAM.NET!

phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov          Phil Ethier

End of part 4.  End of article.  End of me trying this method of
mailing articles.