Re: Neutral at stops

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: Neutral at stops
From: mit-eddie!adobe.com!jeynes@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Ross A. Jeynes)
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 90 19:13:05 PDT
From: Roland Dudley

> Shifting to neutral at a stop is a good idea for any car with a manual
> transmission.  Not only does it save wear and tear on clutch components
> but it's just plain safer.  Several years ago an accountance of mine was

It seems to me that when I'm at a stoplight with my foot on the
clutch, my TR-7 seems to let the clutch out a little bit after a
while, almost as if the seal around the slave or master were leaking.
However, it doesn't seem to be using up any clutch fluid.  Is this
just a characteristic of the TR-7 clutch?  I've never experienced this
in any other hydraulic clutch...  Or is it time to replace one of my
hydraulic components?   (Seems weird that the system isn't using any
fluid...)

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

thanks,
ross      jeynes@adobe.com