Re: More on LBC on MT

To: british-cars@Alliant.COM
Subject: Re: More on LBC on MT
From: mit-eddie!tcgould.TN.CORNELL.EDU!garnett@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Roger Garnett)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 90 11:37:17 EDT
[ongoing ID of MG on TV]

  >It has a trunk (boot) that's hinged about 2/3 of the way down and
  >opens from the top (like a rumble seat).

Available on various models- 14/40, 14/80, SA, VA, WA, others.

  >It has louvers starting close to the radiator going back about 1/2 to
  >2/3 of the way to the firewall, then a solid area a few inches wide
  >and then a few more inches of louvers.

See below.

  >It has integrated fenders (not the bike-type) that go all the way down
  >to the bottom of the body line but no running boards.  They are flat
  >on the outside and peaked on top.

Phil Ethier answers:

>That solid area a few inches wide is likely for the bonnet strap that
>this car lacks.  Perhaps they were an option.  Roger?

Nah- you put your strap over the louvers. Some of the bigger cars
(6 cyl's, Magnets and Magnas) have a long bonnet with a blank spot
in the louvers, right about where the firewall lies. This probably
allows sealing at the firewall, with more louvers for apearence or
ventilation along the footwell. (The footwell is open and visable
when you lift the bonnent.
        It could be a older tourer, or later Magna. Probably not an
L or N Magnette. Not an SA, they had rectangular lover/venting (sorta
like some Duesenbergs) I'd guess it may be a WA. Not big by American
standards, but a lot bigger than the Midgets.
Roger