Cheap Octane Booster??

To: british-cars%alliant.com@RELAY.CS.NET
Subject: Cheap Octane Booster??
From: mit-eddie!RELAY.CS.NET!chrisp%mrloog.wr.tek.com@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: 26 Apr 90 16:22:42 PDT (Thu)
>I just heard that some car collector in the Chicago-land area purchased a
>one owner TR6, very low miles (not sure of the exact number) factory hard top,
>and window sticker still in the window for $16k.  this is supposedly the
>highest price ever paid for a TR6 in this country.  he (the collector) has also
>said that he expects the value of TR6s to double in the next couple of years.
>
>very interesting, I'm going to try and see this car, and the rest of his
>collection (he has several 1 owner E-types) in the near future.

I would dearly love to know what the H**L good cars like these do sitting
in someone's garage undriven?  I don't know that many museums that would
want to have very large paper weights... :-).  There is LITTLE in this
world more fun than driving a nice car (like an E-Type).  It pains me
to think of all those undriven cars just sitting there gathering dust.
They should be going flat-out through the country-side  8-) or be donated
to us. ("Hmmm...letmesee, I'll take the Claret one in the corner over
there...")

 Christopher M. Perez           chrisp@mrloog.WR.TEK.COM
 "The Sprite could be pitched and drifted through corners with abandon,
  and, as with early Volkswagens, you could race it around town without
  anyone knowing."  _Bugeye_ Peter Egan (R&T 6/'85)