Oil pressure

To: british-cars@alliant.Alliant.COM
Subject: Oil pressure
From: Timothy Lyle Smith <mit-eddie!plains.NoDak.edu!tsmith@EDDIE.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 90 23:25:07 -0600
    Thank you for all the advice and suggestions.  I took the center
    bearing cap off this weekend and sure enough, the bearing is
    down to the copper.  So now that I know the bearings need to be
    replaced, does anybody have know of a way to do this without
    removing the engine?  I really don't want to take it out as it
    gets a bit frustrating, this will be the third time that I've had
    to move an engine out of and into a car, with a skidloader for
    a hoist.  :-;  The reason that I was told for removing the engine
    is because the front and back engine plates have to be removed
    before the front and back bearing caps can be removed.

       Tim