british-cars-pre-war

[PreWar] Help with babbitt bearings

To: <british-cars-pre-war@autox.team.net>
Subject: [PreWar] Help with babbitt bearings
From: "Gundry, Kenneth" <KG@dolby.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 10:35:17 -0700
 While we're on the subject, so to speak, can anyone recommend a firm to do
Babbitt bearings in the San Francisco Bay Area?  I have no real reason to
suspect problems at present, but I am a bit puzzled that oil pressure is not
maintained at low revs. when the oil gets hot, and one explanation would be
that one or more bearings are leaking oil.

If the bearings were converted
to shells (if appropriate sizes were available), would bearing life be greater
or less?

Ken G, 1925 Rover 16/50 Touring Car (San Francisco, well, Walnut
Creek now)