british-cars-pre-war

Re: [PreWar] Help with babbitt bearings,

To: "'Eugene D Abbondelo'" <eabb@loc.gov>,
Subject: Re: [PreWar] Help with babbitt bearings,
From: "bispmotala" <bispmotala@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:51:17 +0200
Gene,

The procedures are not depending on what engine the bearings are used in,
BUT the specification of the metal (= the Babbitt itself) is critical.
Methinks I would be very specific about what they use and what is
recommended for high speed engines. For pre war M.G. it is usually specified
to use Hoyt 11Z3 as it says in the book (M.G. Road Cars vol 2). You are well
adviced to do some research on that.

Best of luck

Sven
Sweden