Re: [Bricklin] Door latches hang up

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Bricklin] Door latches hang up
From: "Rick at High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 06:33:28 -0400
The factory solenoids draw a fair a mount of power and are just barely strong
enough, If your battery is not fully charged and "up to snuff" they will not
unlatch.If they worked before they are either dirty and dragging (from
sitting) or the battery is down on power or there is a wiring/ ground issue.

On 6/1/2010 6:50:30 PM, hugybyr@aol.com wrote:
> Both doors on my 76 will not release. The solenoids make  unlocking
> sounds
> and the air system works ok.  When I am in the  car and I  pull the
> inside
> door handle and give the door a good push it will   unlatch and open. I
> have
> the left door panel off and sprayed around   with WD 40 to lube everything
>
> but
> still no luck. I also moved the bottom  plate  around trying different
> positions but that didn't work.   Any  thoughts?
Bricklin@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive