[Bricklin] AMC Rod Bearings

To: <Bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Bricklin] AMC Rod Bearings
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 19:07:47 -0500
OK, have everything ready for my rebuild.  Installed the mains, new bearings
and new rear main seal.   While reading the AMC Technical reference manual it
indicates the size of the rod bearings are different.  Mainly using standard
and undersized depending on the color on the crank.  I have not found the
color markings yet.  Has anyone run into this before?  If so, where do you get
undersized bearings or how did you get it resolved.

Picked up my heads from the machine shop today and I am kind of stuck on the
rod bearing issue.  I bought some plastigage today to see if the standards
will work.

Greg 0036