Re: R-12 to R-134 Conversion - Continues

To: "bl" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: R-12 to R-134 Conversion - Continues
From: "High Tech Coatings" <rick@hightechcoatings.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 10:42:53 -0400
On 8/21/06 10:07:35 AM, Greg Schroeder (gschroeder@comcast.net) wrote:
> Now to remove the hose fitting inside the firewall.  From reading previous
articles this may require removal of the dash.  Is there another option?

Has anyone done this and then replaced a fitting that connected outside the
firewall so that it is easier to get to in the future?

You might be able to do it with out removing the dash BUT it will take
longer than r&r the dash and doing it. when I changed mine I actually cut
the hoses under the hood and removed the evap box and removed the hoses on
the bench. I do plan on making and adaptor that will run thru the fire wall
to simplify later service. If you check with a AC supply house they have
fitting that go on to the compressor with 134A fittings in line. since you
are going with New hoses adaptors will probably be needed anyways as fitting
styles and sizes vary from the originals. you may also want to think about
upgrading your condenser while you are at it as 134a needs a larger
condenser than 12 did to be efficient. at least from what I have read.