Carb Problem

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Carb Problem
From: Maycinc@cs.com
Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 23:39:35 EDT
I put a new rebuilt 2150 carb on ol' 1343 and it runs fine but the car is
very hard to start.  I decided to take a look and when I moved the throttle
there
was no gas.  So, I took the top off the carb and there was very little gas in
the bowl.  Somehow the gas is leaking out.  It's not leaking outside the carb
so it has to be internal.  What I'm thinking is that the hose going from the
charcoal canister to the bowl vent is somehow getting presurized after I shut
if off and thus is pressurizing the bowl and forcing the gas back into the
pump.  Does this make sense?  What else should I check?
Marvin