Front End Work

To: "Bricklin International" <bricklin@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front End Work
From: "Greg Schroeder" <gschroeder@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2006 22:21:54 -0500
Now that I have almost finished removing all the front body panels.  I have a
couple of questions/issues.

Is there a particular purpose for the five stacked washers that attach the
inside bottom quarter panels to the frame?  I do not see any particular reason
other than it moves it up to the level where a standard wrench could be used
from the inside panel access.  Mine was rusted together with the nut to the
bolt.  I had to cut the nut off which was a pain and then air hammer loose the
stack of washers one by one to remove the quarter panel.  I still have enough
of the bolt left to use, but in it's current condition I may weld in a nice
new one.   I do not plan on having to remove this again, but you never know.
After removing this quarter I found a nice air gap to the engine that may be a
cause of a remaining heat issue.

At the top of the quarter panel near the cab where the bolt screws into the
frame.  Should this be welded in place or loose.  Both of mine are currently
loose, but I feel they should not be this way and should be welded.

On the front of the frame below the front of the wheel well there is a hollow
piece of steel.  Mine is currently rusted through on one side and I will patch
this.  Is there any reason to leave this open?  Should it be capped or
filled?

Greg 0036