Re: Spark Plugs for the 351W

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spark Plugs for the 351W
From: greg monfort <altec210@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:07:45 -0800 (PST)
Greets!

Optimum spark plug gap is a function of numerous
variables and unless you're up for time consuming
reading of different gap/heat ranges and its
associated costs, then assuming your mill is still
~stock and in decent condition I recommend sticking
with FoMoCo's recommendation of 0.42-0.46 (with 0.44
being the default install) which the Bricklin Owner's
Manual mirrors, so never have understood the 0.40
recommended replacement option listed by others.

Bottom line, the RV17YC is Champion's correct
replacement, so if it ain't broke, don't 'fix' it. ;^)
If you still want to experiment, then I recommend
trying up to 0.46 since the widest gap that works is
the most efficient, but read this first since there's
some potential hazards to your Bricklin's 'well
being': http://www.centuryperformance.com/spark.asp

GM