Door Reinforcement

To: bricklin@autox.team.net
Subject: Door Reinforcement
From: James McIver <mciver3@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 2004 12:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
Hey guys,

Well I think i finally have my window figured out,
thanks, and im on to reinforcing the door.  I ordered
the part about a year ago and just found it (its just
one boomerang shaped piece of metal right?).  Im
guessing that I weld it on the   top part of the door
where it curves down near where the hydrolic piston
pushes the door up, since that looks like the weakest
point, but I just wanted to be sure.  Also, whats the
best way to weld it on?  Is tack welding sufficient,
or does it need something more substantial?  Thanks.
James #1094